THE CRAFT OF PLAYWRITING – The Details
Sunday, April 10th & Sunday, April 17th. 1:30pm- 6:00 pm.
Table Read/ Rehearsal: Saturday, May 14th 1:30-6:00 pm.
Creating a play is no easy task, but in our Playwriting boot-camp we’ll help you unlock your creative abilities to transform ideas into stories. We will discuss the creative process to drafting short scenes and plays in this 2-day weekend project.
Participants in THE CRAFT OF PLAYWRITING will:
- Experience what it’s like to compose original work
- Learn what it takes to commission your own work
- Meet Bay Area Playwrights and discuss what it takes to be the next upcoming playwright
- Select play material will be commissioned for San Francisco Playhouse Play Reading Series 2016-2017.
- Students will hear from guest speakers from Bay Area professionals.
Kathleen Lee is the Education Director for the San Francisco Playhouse. As a recent graduate of San Francisco State University she double majored in theater and education while gaining first-hand experience as a teaching artist with grades k-12. She’s directed, stage managed, and designed shows ranging from Stage Beauty to RENT. She has a background in physical theatre, voice development, and improvisation. Kathleen is thrilled to be leading LIFE IN THE THEATRE and has a passion for commissioning new plays and inspiring new artists.
- Option 1: Pay in full by check or credit/ debit card.
- Option 2: Payment Plan. Deposit: $75 at the time of registration- deposit must be made by March 8, 2016.
- Balance: ½ of the balance will be due the first weekend of the boot-camp. Last portion will be due the last week of the boot-camp.
Financial Aid Information:
We are proud to offer our Rising Stars full/ partial scholarships for THE CRAFT OF PLAYWRITING. Scholarships are limited and awarded based on need. To apply for the scholarship please write a personal statement addressed to the San Francisco Playhouse Rising Star Committee telling us why you deserve a scholarship for THE CRAFT OF PLAYWRITING. Include in your statement what you hope to accomplish with us this summer.
- MUST BE TYPED minimum 300 words
- Double spaced- 12 point font
- Submit your personal statement to Kathleen Lee, Education Director. Kathleen@sfplayhouse.org
- Financial Aid applications are not accepted after July 20, 201
FOR ADDITONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT KATHLEEN LEE, EDUCATION DIRECTOR.
Venue: San Francisco Playhouse 450 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
Contact: Kathleen Lee, Kathleen@Sfplayhouse.org (415) 677- 9596 [Ex 5]