THE BUSINESS OF ACTING – The Details
Sunday, March 6th. 1:30pm- 6:00 pm.
Do you want to be an actor? We’ll share with you the tricks of the trade in this 2-day intensive boot-camp designed for all levels, and backgrounds. We will discuss casting, cold-reading, head-shots, and so much more. Get ready for the business of show business!
Participants in THE BUSINESS OF ACTING will:
- Act, Stage, and perform short scenes and monologues in preparation for auditions.
- Learn about working in a theatre.
Kathleen Lee is the Education Director for the San Francisco Playhouse. As a recent graduate of San Francisco State University she double majored in theater and education while gaining first-hand experience as a teaching artist with grades k-12. She’s directed, stage managed, and designed shows ranging from Stage Beauty to RENT. She has a background in physical theatre, voice development, and improvisation. Kathleen is thrilled to be leading LIFE IN THE THEATRE and has a passion for commissioning new plays and inspiring new artists.
- Option 1: Pay in full by check or credit/ debit card.
- Option 2: Payment Plan. Deposit: $75 at the time of registration- Deposit must be made by March 1, 2016.
- Balance: Deposit will be deducted from the total amount due on the first day of the boot-camp.
Financial Aid Information:
We are proud to offer our Rising Stars full/ partial scholarships for THE BUSINESS OF ACTING. Scholarships are limited and awarded based on need. To apply for the scholarship please write a personal statement addressed to the San Francisco Playhouse Rising Star Committee telling us why you deserve a scholarship for THE BUSINESS OF ACTING. Include in your statement what you hope to accomplish with us this spring.
- MUST BE TYPED minimum 300 words
- Double spaced- 12 point font
- Submit your personal statement to Kathleen Lee, Education Director. Kathleen@sfplayhouse.org
- Financial Aid applications are not accepted after March 1st, 2016.
FOR ADDITONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT KATHLEEN LEE, EDUCATION DIRECTOR.
Venue: San Francisco Playhouse 450 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
Contact: Kathleen Lee, Kathleen@Sfplayhouse.org (415) 677- 9596 [Ex 5]