PLAYPROJECTS– The Details
Mondays through Thursdays. July 11th – August 4th. 12:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Rehearsal Dates: Friday, August 5: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm; Sunday, August 7: 3:00 pm – 6: 00 pm
Performance Date: Sunday, August 7 8:00 pm
PlayProjects is designed to establish a community of aspiring young artists with a unique voice and vision. This month long initiative gives students the chance to write, direct, and act in original materials. Following completion of the workshop students will produce a performance showcase on the main stage at the San Francisco Playhouse!
Participants in PLAYPROJECTS will:
- Play FUN interactive team building games
- Analyze play scripts
- Write, stage, and act in a one-act showcase on the Main Stage at San Francisco Playhouse
- Participate in an all-student-run production company
- Students will hear from guest speakers from Bay Area professionals.
Kathleen Lee is the Education Director for the San Francisco Playhouse. As a recent graduate of San Francisco State University she double majored in theater and education while gaining first-hand experience as a teaching artist with grades k-12. She’s directed, stage managed, and designed shows ranging from Stage Beauty to RENT. She has a background in physical theatre, voice development, and improvisation. Kathleen is thrilled to be leading LIFE IN THE THEATRE and has a passion for commissioning new plays and inspiring new artists.
TUITION: Rising Star Rate: $ 515 *Scholarships available
New Student Rate: $ 575
- Option 1: Pay in full by check or credit/ debit card.
- Option 2: Payment Plan. Deposit: $100 at the time of registration- by July 1, 2016 deposit must be made.
- Balance: ½ of the balance will be due the first week of the Workshop. Last portion will be due the last week of the workshop.
Financial Aid Information:
We are proud to offer our Rising Stars full/ partial scholarships for PLAYPROJECTS. Scholarships are limited and awarded based on need. To apply for the scholarship please write a personal statement addressed to the San Francisco Playhouse Rising Star Committee telling us why you deserve a scholarship for PLAY PROJECTS. Include in your statement what you hope to accomplish with us this summer.
- MUST BE TYPED minimum 300 words
- Double spaced- 12 point font
- Submit your personal statement to Kathleen Lee, Education Director. Kathleen@sfplayhouse.org
- Financial Aid applications are not accepted after July 1, 2016
- Step 1: Download registration form.
- Fill out the form completely.
- Scan and email registration form to Kathleen@sfplayhouse.org / or print and mail registration form in to San Francisco Playhouse, Education Department, 450 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102.
- Step 2: Payment.
- Payment online: click the link and follow the steps to complete the transaction.
- Checks accepted and can be mailed directly to San Francisco Playhouse 450 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102.
- Step 3: (Optional) Apply for financial aid: Send personal statement to Kathleen@sfplayhouse.org follow instructions listed in financial aid section. Applications no longer accepted after July 1, 2016
- Step 4: A confirmation email will be sent to you after you have successfully enrolled, please allow up to 5 days for processing. In the confirmation email you will receive a syllabus that will include what to plan for and expect for the first week of instruction.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT KATHLEEN LEE, EDUCATION DIRECTOR.
Venue: San Francisco Playhouse 450 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
Contact: Kathleen Lee, Kathleen@Sfplayhouse.org (415) 677- 9596 [Ex 5]